This might not be common knowledge but reloadable prepaid cards are designed for long-term use. As such, funds are deposited on the card and users have the option to load money onto the card at any time. It is the reload feature that makes reloadable prepaid cards stand out from other options like the popular gift cards.
Nowadays, many reloadable prepaid card users opt to have their salaries, bonuses, and other incentives reloaded directly onto their cards. While it’s easy to mistake reloadable prepaid cards for other cards like credit and debit cards, they have distinct features that make them stand out from the rest.
Most reloadable prepaid cards are associated with major credit and financial institutions. That said, it is typically accepted and honored by most merchants and online stores. It is even accepted when you travel outside the country. Undoubtedly, reloadable prepaid cards offer exciting benefits that are hard to miss.
Benefits of Using Reloadable Prepaid Cards
Reloadable prepaid cards offer many benefits other plastic cards don’t offer. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- They are safe to use. Using reloadable prepaid cards is considered way safer than carrying huge wads of cash with you wherever you go. If you ever lose your reloadable prepaid card, you can have it blocked right away to ensure your money is protected.
- They are convenient to use. In some ways, prepaid cards work like credit and debit cards. For instance, they are also accepted and honored at places where credit and debit cards are also accepted.
- They won’t impact your credit history. Unlike credit cards, your prepaid card usage won’t have any impact on your credit history.
- They are easy to obtain. Getting a reloadable prepaid card is both straightforward and easy. You won’t have to go through those pesky and time-consuming financial and background checks just to obtain one.
- They can be used to shop online. Without doubt, online shopping is considered enticing by so many people because of the peerless convenience it offers. One great thing about prepaid cards is they are also honored and accepted by many online merchants nowadays. This means you are spared from getting dressed and braving the traffic just to purchase the items you want.
- They offer unbelievable convenience. This is related to the fact that they can be used for online transactions. Come to think of it, you won’t need to leave the house to compare items and prices. All you need to do is visit the websites selling those items and just pick and choose what you want and pay for the items using your reloadable prepaid card. All is done within a few minutes and with just a few mouse clicks. What’s even more amazing is you can do everything right in the comfort of your own home and office.
- They are great budgeting tools. If you need help budgeting your money or sticking to your budget, you can never go wrong with reloadable prepaid cards. When the money you have on the card has been depleted, any transactions using the card will stop automatically. In other words, transactions will be declined until such time that you have successfully loaded money onto your card. The good thing is as long as the money has been loaded successfully, you can use your reloadable prepaid card for transactions—both purchases and ATM withdrawals.
- They are easy to load money to. Loading money onto a reloadable prepaid card is just as easy as obtaining one. You also have the option to choose the frequency of the loading, depending on what you deem fit. You call the shots!